BIAMC Membership Information
Members who join BIAMC by subscribing to and/or participating in our services and benefits.
Members who join BIAMC by completing our certification course(s) and passing the exam for such course(s). There are two levels of Certified Members: Member (MBiAm/MBiaM) and Fellow (FBiAm/FbiaM)
Qualifying requirements for certified members:
|Membership Level||Qualifiying Requirements||Exemptions|
Steps to Fellowship:
Specifically pertaining to the exemption for the BIAMC Fellowship Qualifying Requirements, the criteria of ‘Distinguished Arbitration/Mediation Professionals’ will be defined as below:
- The recipient is a 'Distinguished Arbitration/Mediation Professional', i.e. 'an individual who actively and significantly contributes to the promotion and development of arbitration/mediation'
The recipient is:
- is a chair/president/secretary general of an arbitration/mediation institution or from a relevant body/organisation that seeks to promote the use of dispute resolution;
- is a professor in international arbitration or other relevant field; or
- is a practising international arbitrator/mediator in good standing or a present/former judicial office holder
- The recipient must also be a speaker for at least 1 (one) BIAMC seminar, workshop, or conference
- Fellowship under the Distinguished Arbitration/Mediation Professionals category is limited to a maximum 5 (five) individuals annually. Such title must be granted officially in the Annual Summit.
This type of membership is reserved for special individuals. He/She may or may not be an arbitration/mediation professional or expert, but does actively contribute to the promotion and development of BIAMC. Such individuals must be currently in or retired from a leadership position in either the private or public sector.
Membership Fee Details
The annual regular membership fee is xxxxx
All Members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Discount for venue hire (10%, Fellows enjoy 20% discount);
- Access to BIAMC’s library;
- Access to BIAMC’s members directory;
- Subscription to BIAMC publications; and
- Other benefits.
Certified Members are enttiled to the additional benefits:
- Use of a post nominal letter title of MBiAm/MbiaM (for Member) and FBiAm/FbiaM (for Fellow)
- Listing in BIAMC’s list of arbitrators and mediators. Listing of MBiAm members is subject to further arbitrator qualification requirements under Indonesian law and other applicable rules and legislations
- Fellow may serve in BIAMC’s Presidential Panel (shortlist for the nomination of tribunal(s) president)
- Exemption from the annual membership fee